- What is a Short Term Course?
- What is a Long Term Course?
- What is a Section?
- What is a Session?
- How to download Skype?
- How to use Google Hangouts?
- How to create a video on YouTube?
- What is a Members Protection Plan?
- Can I dispute a class / session taken in a week?
- What is the time-limit to raise a dispute?
- How to raise a dispute?
- How much does ipassio charge?
- What are the basic prerequisites for students to learn on ipassio?
What is a Short Term Course?
- Number of Students: At a time the teacher is allowed to teach maximum of 5 students in each section of the course.
- Fixed Syllabus: The syllabus of a short term course should be fixed and planned before the course starts.
- Course Duration: Such courses will run for short duration i.e. minimum of 1 week and maximum of 9 months.
- Pricing: The course price will be paid at a shot by the student. However, the teacher will get paid on a weekly basis after the classes for that week are conducted and not disputed by the student.
- Fosters learning from peers and promotes social interaction.
What is a Long Term Course?
- Number of Students:In this course type, at a time the teacher is allowed to teach only 2 students in each section of the course.
- Personalized Attention: Since there will be only 2 students, the teacher will be able to provide more personalized attention to a student.
- Open-ended Syllabus: The syllabus of such course should be open-ended (not fixed or limited) and should cover all areas / topics of the course subject.
- Course Duration: Since such courses focus on personalized attention and learning at own pace and therefore a long term course runs for a longer duration i.e. minimum of 9+ months and maximum of 2 years.
- Pricing: The price of this course will be paid for a minimum of 2 weeks at a time by the student. However, the teacher will get paid on a weekly basis after the classes for that week are conducted and not disputed by the student.
- Learning at Own Pace: The students in this course will be able to learn at their own pace. If the student learns fast, he or she can learn more new things in the subject since the syllabus is not fixed and if the student learns slowly, then he or she can take his or her own time to grasp the Subject and continue to practice along with the teacher and his or her classmate.
- Fosters learning from the peer and social interaction: The reason for keeping 2 students instead of only 1 student in each section is to promote social communication and interaction and to foster learning from the peer.
What is a Section?
The purpose of Section is to allow teachers to provide different timings for teaching the course depending on the time suitability of the student.
In a course, a teacher can create different sections such as Section A, Section B, Section C etc or Class I, Class II, Class III etc. Each section in a short term course, can have 5 students and each section in a long term course, can have 2 students. Each section should be scheduled at a different time or on a different day.
Section A can be scheduled on:
- Every Monday from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM and
- Every Wednesday from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Section B can be scheduled on:
- Every Monday from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Every Friday from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Please note any 2 sections should not have the same teaching time on the same day. The above schedule of each section will be displayed on the Course Display page for the students to be able to decide which day and time suits best for them before enrolling.
What is a Session?
A session is a class scheduled to be taken or already taken at a particular time and on a particular day of the week. The duration of each session is fixed by the teacher and can vary from 15 minutes to 2 hours or more. In a week, the teacher can schedule more than one session for each sections of the course created by him or her. These sessions can be conducted by the teacher through Skype or Google Hangouts. A session can also be called ‘Class’.
How to download Skype?
You can download Skype from here.
How to use Google Hangouts?
To use Google+ Hangouts you need to have a Gmail Address. Once you have signed in your gmail account, you can start using Video Hangouts from this link.
How to create a video on YouTube?
- Go to YouTube upload page by clicking on the upload button available on the top right side of YouTube website;
- On the YouTube Upload page, click the Webcam Capture ‘Record’ button available in the ‘Create Videos’ panel on the right side of the page. Please do not change the privacy settings from ‘Public’ to ‘Private’
- On this page you can start recording yourself using your computer’s webcam.
- After recording your video, please fill the ‘Description’ field and ‘Tags’ field in the ‘Basic Info’ form and then click Publish.
- After you have clicked ‘Publish’, click cancel and you will be shown the ‘Info and settings’ page where you will find your video URL on the right side in the video information section.
What is a Members Protection Plan?
Read about our Members Protection Program here.
Can I dispute a class / session taken in a week?
Yes but only on the following grounds:
- Class was cancelled by the teacher.
- Teacher was not present at the scheduled time for the online class.
- Teacher postponed the class / session to future.
- There was a major concern regarding the quality of teaching.
What is the time-limit to raise a dispute?
How to raise a dispute?
How much does ipassio charge?
What are the basic prerequisites for students to learn on ipassio?