1. Can I request a different class/course timing suitable to my timezone/country?
- Yes, you can request a different class timing. But before opting for this, we suggest you meet the teacher/instructor prior to enrolling in the course and discuss probable, suitable timings as per your timezone. To virtually meet the teacher, you just need to click on the “Sign Up For A Free Meeting Session" option, which is available on the top of the respective course page.
2. How do I request a Free Meeting Session?
- On top of every course page, you will find a button named “Sign Up for a Free Meeting Session” or “Request A Free Meeting Session”. Click this button and fill a form with the necessary details. Once you submit this form, the teacher/instructor will be informed about you immediately and the ipassio team will connect you with the teacher.
3. Do you provide classes locally in my city/state?
- No, ipassio is an online live learning platform. Our teachers are spread across the world and they teach all the hobbies, face to face, online through Skype or Google hangouts. We currently do not conduct classes locally in any city/state/country.
4. Do I have to pay fees for the full course upfront?
- No, you don’t need to pay for the full course upfront. ipassio provides the benefit of paying a minimum for only 2 weeks at a time and a maximum for 15 weeks at a time. After you have consumed the weeks you have already paid for, you can refill/purchase again for a minimum of 2 weeks and more.
5. Can I pay after each class?
- No. Students will have to purchase credits for at least a minimum of 2 classes before starting the classes. There is currently no provision for students to pay after a class gets over. Payments made by students are held safe by ipassio and will be released to teachers only after both parties mark their attendance.
6. How can I reschedule a class?
- The student can reschedule a class by informing the teacher about his/her absence, two days prior to the scheduled class. In such a case, the teacher will reschedule the class and conduct the rescheduled class on or before the end (i.e. Saturday) of the ensuing week or such other time as may be mutually decided between the teacher and the student. In case the student misses giving two days prior notice about his/her absence to the teacher, then the decision to conduct another class for that student is completely based on the teacher’s discretion. The same process applies to teachers who wish to reschedule the class.
7. Can I take a break from the course?
- Absolutely yes! Students and teachers can mutually decide dates for the classes. If the student wishes to take a break, he/she can inform the teacher of the same while deciding the schedule for classes. The same applies to teachers as well. Even if classes have been already scheduled, students and teachers have the flexibility to reschedule the classes if they inform each other 2 days prior.
8. Can I meet the teacher before enrolling in a particular course?
- Yes, you can meet the teacher before enrolling in the course. To meet the teacher, you just need to make a request for a free meeting session by clicking the button “Sign Up for a Free Meeting Session” available on the course page of your interest.
9. If I miss a class, do I have to pay for it?
- Students are expected to inform teachers at least 2 days prior to the scheduled class in case they wish to reschedule them. In such a case, the teacher will reschedule the class and conduct the rescheduled class on or before the end (i.e. Saturday) of the ensuing week or such other time as may be mutually decided between the teacher and the student. Students will not have to pay additionally for the class. In case the student misses giving two days prior notice about his/her absence to the teacher, then the decision to conduct another class for that student is completely based on the teacher’s discretion. Based on the teacher's discretion, the student may or may not have to pay additionally for the class.
10. How to download Skype?
- You can download Skype from here.
11. How to use Google Hangouts?
- To use Google Hangouts you need to have a Gmail Address. Once you have signed in to your Gmail account, you can start using Video Hangouts from this link.
12. How to create a video on YouTube?
- Go to the YouTube upload page by clicking on the upload button available on the top right side of the YouTube website; On the YouTube Upload page, click the Webcam Capture ‘Record’ button available in the ‘Create Videos’ panel on the right side of the page. Please do not change the privacy settings from ‘Public’ to ‘Private’. On this page, you can start recording yourself using your computer’s webcam. After recording your video, please fill the ‘Description’ field and ‘Tags’ field in the ‘Basic Info’ form and then click Publish. After you have clicked ‘Publish’, click cancel and you will be shown the ‘Info and settings’ page where you will find your video URL on the right side in the video information section.
13. What is a Members Protection Plan?
- Read about our Members Protection Program here.
14. Can I dispute a class taken in a week?
- Yes but only on the following grounds:
The class was canceled by the teacher.
The teacher was not present at the scheduled time for the online class.
The teacher postponed the class to the future.
There was a major concern regarding the quality of teaching.
15. What is the time limit to raise a dispute?
- You can dispute the class anytime before the week following the week in which the class took place ends.
16. How to raise a dispute?
- On the Enrolled Courses page, there is a “Raise a Dispute” button at the top. Click on the button and a form, again called “Raise a Dispute” will open. Fill this dispute form for the week displayed in the form and also mention the reason for the dispute.
17. What are the basic prerequisites for students to learn on ipassio?
- You need to have a basic knowledge of how to use a computer and a few online video communication tools like Skype, Google Hangouts, etc. This apart, you should have a good webcam and internet connection (If you are from India, we would recommend Act Fibernet or Airtel 4G internet connection).
18. Do I need to have the instrument for the free meeting session?
- For beginners, it is not mandatory to have the instrument during the free meeting session. However, for intermediate and advanced level students, it is recommended to have the instrument so that the teacher/instructor can assess the current level of knowledge and accordingly plan/customize the course.
19. How is the teaching quality of the teachers on ipassio?
- We strive to provide eminently premier teachers/instructors who are qualified and highly experienced and most do have 10+ years of experience in their respective fields.