She owns her clothing brand called Nerthi.
US $16.8 per class |
for 1-on-1, 90 mins class
Recommended: 1 class per week | 12-16 weeks to level up
Pay as you go, 2 classes at a time
You can choose your time slots in the next step. ipassio has thousands of happy learners from the US, Canada, Australia, UK, Europe, UAE, and India.
This beginner OnliVe (online + live) course is for anyone who wishes to learn the craft of sewing. "Sewing for absolute beginners" is a course that has been curated for someone who is new to this skill. This beginner course will teach you from "how to thread a needle" to "a finished garment".
... Read More
B.Sc. Fashion Design from Hindustan University
Founder - Nerthi
Details of this course and what you’ll be learning:
1. Learn the parts of the sewing machine you use;
2. Gain control over the sewing machine - speed exercise, paper exercise;
3. Sew in a straight line on a fabric;
4. Learn different types of seams and seam finishes - Plain seam, Plain seam with single topstitch, Plain seam with double topstitch, Hairline seam, French seam, Lapped/Tucked seam, Flat felled seam, Corded or piped seam, Counter seam, and Mock French seam;
5. Basic hand stitches - Even, uneven and diagonal basting stitches;
6. Sew a fun project - A pattern will be provided for the learner to practice stitching a project using the sewing machine.
About the Instructor: Subbulakshmi, a fashion graduate, has been interested in fabrics ever since she was a young girl. Her enthusiasm and passion for fabrics developed in the early years of childhood when she constantly roamed her mother’s studio with curious eyes. It is here where she picked up her love for working with fabrics and a deep passion for creating new looks and designs. After completing her graduation in fashion design, Subbulakshmi found her own clothing brand and named it Nerthi. Ever since she’s been actively working to pair perfection and elegance to bring out the latest designs at affordable prices.
... Read More